Sunday, June 11, 2017

Tammy's June Shares


Hi 2 Crafties!!

Tammy here to share my June creations with you.

First up is a layout titled

"Live out Loud"


A bright fun layout celebrating friendships.
I am a big fan of colour!! and as this layout celebrates a fun occasion vibrant colour is perfect.

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
'Flower Doilies'
'Grid Bits'
'Lattice Leaves'
'Live out Loud Title'


 
                                                                                          I began by adding paint to the background.
Onto this I applied a stencil with transparent gloss gel.
This just gives a bit of texture to the background without detracting from the photos.

I added some stamping with black ink to help blend the paint into the cardstock.

I then applied gesso to the 'Grid Bits'.

and also to the 'Flower Doilies'.


I painted the 'Live out Loud' title in black paint



I also painted the 'Lattice Leaves' with the black paint too.

I love how the black pops against the colour and also the white background.


I finished off the layout by layering up behind the photos and adding a cluster of flowers.

Finally to finish I added a few flicks and splashes of black paint, 
and some quotes to help tell the story.




My next creation is totally different.

I've gone grungy and rustic.

It's titled:

"Adventure awaits"


I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

"Chevron Bits"
"Steampunk Medium Gears"
"Steampunk Small Gears"
"Chain lengths"
"Adventure loopy title"
"Chained Circle Frames"
"Assorted Arrows"







I grunged up the background paper by adding some stamping in black ink, 
and also some flicks and blobs of spritz.

I also added some random strips of paper, to which I applied gesso.


As I wanted some of the chipboard to look like rusty metal, I applied Finnabair's Rust Effect Paste.

I was thrilled with how it came out.  So simple.

The rust comes in 3 colours - Red Rust, Brown Rust and Gold Rust.

I just rubbed it over the chipboard quite randomly.


I did this for the 'Steampunk Small Gears' and 'Steampunk Medium Gears'

 
and also for the 'Chained Circle Frames' and the 'Chain Lengths'.



I painted a few 'Assorted Arrows' and 'Chevron Bits' in black, and also added 
black paint to my title 'Adventure loopy font'.


I then added some extra embellishments - quotes, metal bits and flicks of paint.


I really enjoyed doing a grungy layout.
 It's been a long time as I get so distracted by COLOUR!

This layout really reminded me to step out of my comfort zone and try something a little different.

I hope you do too!!

I thought I'd share one more layout that I recently created  for Scrap the Girls.

Of course I used 2Crafty Chipboard on it....

I use 2Crafty Chipboard on every layout!!!


It's titled

"Work in Progress"


I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

'Polaroid Assorted Frames'
'Fine Heart Border'

 


I painted the 'Fine Heart Borders'


I painted the 'Polaroid Assorted Frames' and then stamped randomly on top of this.

Well that's it from me!

You can see more on my BLOG.

Happy creating!!






5 comments:

Di Garling said...

Another great post Tammy, with such innovative use of all the chippie pieces. LOVE them all.

Kripa Koushik said...

Stunning layouts Tammy, each layout has great design and placement of chippies.

Rachael Funnell said...

The chipboard pieces on All 3 of these layouts are SENSATIONAL Tammy... 💕 😀 💕

Debbie said...

Great use of the chipboard! Love the vibrant colors in your first layout!

Noura Pompilla said...

wow ur backgrounds are Stunning love them !! <3